Video Blogging or Vlogging has come out as a revolution in the world of content marketing.
This is not merely a statement but a reality.
Vlogging can give an enormous boost to your online marketing campaign. It provides a powerful method of reaching out to the mass audience and is successful in attracting scores of traffic to your blog.
Encouraged by the profound success of YouTube, many bloggers are taking on a giant leap for Video Blogging or Vlogging.
Moreover, with video revolution, making and sharing videos has become drastically easier which itself is propelling bloggers to take on Video Blogging.
However, Vlogging requires you to take on each and every step in a well thought out fashion so that your website visitors actually appreciate your Vlogging attempt. Your video blogs should not be poorly made which can be detrimental to your blog’s image. A poorly made video blog can be completely ignored by your target audience. So it becomes important for you to know every in and out of Vlogging.
Hereunder I enumerate the importance of Vlogging and go onto show how you should do Vlogging. I have discussed how and why to start your Vlogging (Video Blogging).
Why You should be doing Vlogging – The Importance of Vlogging
Vlogging provide a distinct set of advantages over normal blogging.
Research studies have revealed that as much as 63% of people are more likely to buy a product if they have seen it in a video. So with video blogging you can also increase your customers, audience, and investors. People actually respond to the audio and visual stimuli of videos and you can use them to effectively communicate your brand message and build your online identity.
Then video blogs have their overwhelming effect on social media platforms. More than 90% of mobile users are likely to share a video with others. Just see the YouTube popularity to get a feel of what Vlogging can have on your customers and audience count. Stats reveal that YouTube has over 1 billion unique user visits each month.
Then with “corporate Vlogging” you attempt to stand out from the crowd of the blogging world. Although videos are fast becoming the norm but “corporate Vlogging” is still in its infancy and you can use this fact to stand out from the crowd. Vlogging not only incorporates someone sitting in front of the camera, it also includes Infographics, drawings, animations, and much more. So with Vlogging you have plenty of options in store for you.
Vlogging comes as a visual aid. As you will also appreciate, a picture is worth a thousand words. So with video blogging you stand a better chance to win over your customers. With Vlogging people can follow your guidelines and do not have necessarily to read out the full article. They get to see what to do instead of reading out what to do.
Videos are now an integral part of search engine results. So if you are worried that your video blogs will not get its due, you are absolutely mistaken. You simply have to incorporate SEO techniques into your video blogs and see them appear among the top results on the search engine results page. You can include subtitles, an appropriate description, and a catchy title into your video blogs. With video blogs in your kitty, you don’t have necessarily to depend upon wordy articles to bring you on top of the search results.
How You should start your Vlogging (Video Blogging)?
By now you would have understood the importance of Vlogging.
A successful video blog can be a powerful marketing tool in your hand. With Vlogging, you can actual harness the potential offered by digital marketing revolution.
However, you need to do Vlogging in the right way and for that you should know how you should you need to do Vlogging.
Hereunder I have come up with a comprehensive list showing you how you should start your Vlogging.
1. Know your target audience: If you are catering to a niche target audience your video blog should be adopting to the style and likes of that audience set. For instance, the images used, words, style of dress and filming technique should be adapted to that audience. That way you can effective communicate your message to your target audience. However, if you are catering to a wider audience then you should avoid elements that might prejudice your audience against your message. For instance, you should not use music that might alienate certain viewers.
2. Choose your distribution channels: Your distribution channels for your video blogs should be such that they can facilitate easy sharing, and should be well integrated with other platforms. As a distribution channel for your video blogs, YouTube is a good platform as it allows easy sharing, is well integrated with other platforms, and also functions as a social networking site. Vimeo and Viddler are other options that you might well consider.
3. Consider Editing: Your video blog should be well edited in order to be appealing to your audience. Your final product should look professional in every aspect whether it is lighting, visual effects, adding split screens, etc. For editing purpose, you might consider free software like MovieMaker or iMovie.
4. Camera and Sound: As far as camera is concerned you can use an actual video camera or might well go for a Smartphone camera or can use your integrated camera in your PC or laptop. Whichever camera you use, you should do few practice runs before filming your video so that you are well aware of the actual filming process and face no difficulties when you actually get down to shoot your video. Your sound quality should be perfect and should be devoid of noise or any other distractions. If your sound quality is poor, your viewers will simply switch off your video. For perfect sound quality, you can use an external microphone or can go for recording audio separately and merging it later on.
5. Keep Your Videos Short: To make your video blogs effective you should keep them short so that they are able to make an impact and are able to convey the message straight away. Short videos create a positive impression about your business functions and leave a strong impact on your target audience. On the contrary, long videos lose the visitors straight away as they are ineffective in leaving an impact on your visitors.
So you see that you can too ride on the revolution of Vlogging or Video Blogging if you approach Vlogging in the right way as I have illustrated above showing you how and why to start you’re Vlogging (Video Blogging). If you want to increase your customers count, you should resort to Vlogging and should utilize this powerful marketing tool and benefit from this digital marketing revolution.